I have been really wanting pumpkin pie for a few weeks now. Today I finally got around to making it. I like to make a crustless pie if it’s not for a special occasion like Thanksgiving or Christmas. I try to save the yummy, but not very good for you, crusts for the holidays. This pie is still very good even though it doesn’t have a crust. Pair it with some light vanilla ice cream and you have the perfect healthier fall dessert. This recipe for pumpkin pie is modified from the Libby’s pumpkin pie recipe. It has always been a family favorite, and can be made with or without a crust and both are spectacular!
Serves: 8 Time: 20 minutes plus cooking time
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Dash of ground nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- Cooking spray (or 9-inch unbaked pie crust if using)
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and preheat to 425 degrees.
- Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in a small bowl. Beat eggs in large bowl. Stir in pumpkin and sugar-spice mixture. Gradually stir in evaporated milk.
- Pour into pie pan generously coated with cooking spray (or shell).
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees, bake 40-50 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack fro 2 hours. Serve immediately or refrigerate.