“These are only for people who’ve been REALLY good recently.” This amazing recipe from the Klutz cookbook, Kids Cooking, has been an absolute favorite in my family since I was little. These brownies are very easy to make. They are dense, and fudgey are are best served with vanilla ice cream. This decadent treat will melt in your mouth and be a classic for years to come.
Makes: 12-16 brownies Time: 60-70 minutes
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), melted
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 8 or 9 inch square pan.
- Stir together cocoa and sugar, then stir in melted butter. Add eggs and vanilla and stir.
- Add flour and salt and mix together until smooth, but not too much. (Add walnuts if using).
- Scrape the mixture out into the greased pan and spread out in an even layer. Bake at 350 degrees until the brownies just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 to 50 minutes. Do not over bake, brownies will be dry.
- Let cool in pan for a while before cutting. Dust with confectioners’ sugar and serve with vanilla ice cream, or eat plain.