Ever since I’ve been pregnant this time, I have been absolutely craving cheesecake. When our two-year-old woke up from his nap today he was extra cranky, and so I pulled out graham crackers and we started to snack on them. Then I got a great idea to take his mind off of being crabby: we’d make mini cheesecakes together! He loved helping me crush the graham crackers and dumping in the ingredients. These were sooo good and very fun and easy to make. The perfect pregnant or anytime dessert!
Makes: About 16
Time: About 30 minutes
- 1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tbsp. sugar
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Paper cupcake liners
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips (melted)
- In a small bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, 4 tablespoons sugar and melted butter, and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add both packages of cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, eggs and vanilla, and beat until creamy.
- Put about 1 tablespoon of the graham cracker mixture in the bottom of the paper cupcake tins, and press down. Then fill about 3/4 full with the cream cheese mixture.
- Bake in a pre-heated 375 degree oven for 8-12 minutes, until set and no longer raw in the middle. (Slightly colored and cracking on top means they’re definitely done.)
- When cool, remove cup cake liners, and drizzle with melted chocolate.