This was brought to us by a dear friend one night when I was recovering from surgery. I loved it so much I thought I would make it myself. This Betty Crocker recipe was fairly quick and easy to make, as well as healthy and delicious. I served it with shredded cheese, and a little sour cream. However, for a change, you could omit the cilantro and lime juice and serve it plain, creating more of a chicken soup instead of a chili.
Serves: 6 Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 10 oz bag frozen corn (or more if desired)
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) great northern beans, drained
- 1 can (15 to 16 oz) butter beans, drained
- 2 cups chopped grilled chicken breast
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onions and garlic in oil 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except chicken. Heat to boiling, reduce heat. Simmer uncovered 20 minutes. Stir in chicken; simmer about 5 minutes or until hot.